Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Things I love - Tervis Tumblers

We exchange Christmas gifts with my side of the family at Thanksgiving.  My parents made the decision early on not to make us choose between families for Christmas.  This way we always get together and enjoy two holidays at once and no in-laws, or out-laws are offended, put out, or get their panties in a twist about being anyone's second choice.  Of course that doesn't stop us from spending Christmas at home with our little family of four every other year.  While I enjoy seeing my husbands family. the trek to Dallas is a long one and sometimes it is nice to have a lovely Christmas at home.

This year my parents got BBDub (my husband) some Tervis Tumblers with the Baylor University logo.  Honestly, they were my idea and I thought they would be something he would use for his Diet Dr Pepper at home as well as in the car.  They have these handy dandy lids with straws and lids that replicate a Starbucks cup.
Since he is living in San Antonio with the bare essentials I took them home to Castle Rock to store them until we moved and he could enjoy his gift.
In the meantime I thought I would try them out.  Just to see if they work or not.  Let me tell you, I LOVE them!!  They keep cold drinks cool, and the tapered bottom fits perfectly in my cup holder.
On Sunday we were running late to church and I was not going to be able to swing through the local coffee joint to grab a pumpkin spice latte (ahh heaven!).  So I quickly boiled some water and made myself a GIANT cup of tea in one of the Tervis Tumblers.  I think they are 24oz!  Let me tell you.  This tea stayed warm on the 25 minute drive to church, through dropping the kids off at their respective classrooms and well into the sermon.  I forgot about my tea about halfway through because I was crying so much that finding a Kleenex became my top priority.  Believe it or not I had almost finished the cup at this point.  The hot drink lid slides closed to reduce spills and fits very tight.
I can already tell that 6 of these will not be enough for the two of us to share and BBDub will need to get some more.  What's his is mine - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment