Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sign me up!

Am I the only insane mother who starts two multi-day projects on the same day?  I have plummeted my house into chaos and am sure to get a showing scheduled when there is no possible way I can get the house ready in time.  Some would say this is self sabotage, but I like to think of it as a personal challenge!! 
Who am I kidding, I simply got bored with stripping wallpaper and decided that the Christmas tree had to go up.  Come on, stripping wallpaper could be considered torture.  The fact that I have hated the wallpaper for 6 years and haven't lifted a finger to remove it did get me a little irked.  Of course now that I am tring to get someone ot rent my house I am doing all the little beautification projects that I couldn't be bothered to do before.
So, a quarter of the powder room has had the wallpaper steamed away, there are scraps of paper littering the floor and I threw myself into putting up the Christmas tree.  It is 9 feet tall, and now I have to get it decorated.
So, tomorrow I shall finish stripping wallpaper, decorate the Christmas tree, clean the house, have lunch with a friend, run a few errands and enjoy a glass of wine when the kids go to bed.  Who is taking bets?

I am a mother of 2 fabulous kids and married to a wonderful man.  I am in the middle of an insane life change.  We are moving from beautiful Colorado to San Antonio, Texas.  While my hubby has been there since May, the kids and I have been holding down the fort here.  The separation has been torture, although nothing to stripping wallpaper, and we are hopeful that it will be coming to a close.  The house in Colorado is on the rental market, I am packing non-essentials and dear hubby is researching schools and neighborhoods in San Antonio.  Hopefully we will be hitting the road by early January.
Aaarrrgggghhh, Texas?!?!? Have I lost my mind?  I have done the Texas thing before.  As a college student at Baylor University I battled killer heat, drenching humidity, insane I-35 traffic and bugs big enough to eat a large turkey.  Why in the world am I going back?  Love, and the need to have at least one paying job between us.  Thank you fabulous economy!!!  Nothing like each of us loosing our jobs in the same year to give a little perspective.
Enough!  No more pity party!  This is an adventure and I am going to grab the bull by the horns, put on my boots and have a blast.  Now, who wants to help me pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment