Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cheesy Breadsticks

Earlier this week I caved to the kids requests for pizza.  We headed out to Little Caesars to pick up a $5 pizza.  The store was running a deal, 2 pizzas and two bags of breadsticks for $10.  Woohoo, free breadsticks and leftovers!!  Never able to pass up a deal I headed home with two pizzas and two bags of breadsticks.

Of course after a couple pieces of pizza the kiddos were full and the breadsticks sat there untouched.  I bundled up the leftovers and stuck them in the fridge, but these breadsticks have been nagging at me.  Festering in the back of my brain, reminding me that wasting food is a naughty thing!
Well, there will be no wasting in this house, I have figured out a solution and it was super yummo!

Let me introduce Cheesy Breadsticks!  Really, this is not a meal for adults, although you can dress it up with different toppings.

Since I had the breadsticks on hand, and they had been slathered in garlic butter, there wasn't much for me to do.  I turned on the oven to 350, lined the breadsticks up like little solders and sprinkled them with cheese, and some shredded chicken.

Into the still pre-heating oven they went and I pulled them out when the cheese was bubbly and melted.  About 15 minutes at our high altitude.








Lets just way these were a hit.  I had to put a little pressure on the kids to eat their broccoli before they could have seconds, I do have some nutritional standards.

So If you ever swing by Little Caesars for a quick kid friendly dinner, grab the breadsticks (free or not) to make another kid approved meal later that week.

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment