Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Fun

Happy Friday!  It is Birdie's first day for Christmas break and I let the kids eat chocolate ice cream for breakfast.  It is lightly snowing and Dude is wearing my robe.  It is only about two feet too long, and he looks like one of the sand people from Star Wars, except baby blue.  I think Santa may need to pick up a couple robes for these two in the next couple of days.  We will need fuzzy robes in San Antonio, right??

One of the blogs I read, Big Mama, does a Fashion Friday post so I felt inspired. I am not up on all the fabulous fashion going on, but there are TONS of things I like and have on numerous lists.  Are you a list person?  I can't function without lists.  My notepad on my blackberry is full of them and I have at least 5 scattered around the house.  Lists for things I need to do, activity ideas, meal plans, Christmas gifts, wants, and all manner of other things.

So here is a list of things, no theme in particular, maybe one day I will get that far, but not yet.

I adore my dinnerware but am drawn to this beautiful set from Pottery Barn.  Something about the simplicity of the beading draws me in.  It has also started me looking for all things hobnail.  One day I may actually save enough pennies to purchase it but right now I admire it from afar.  Emma Dinnerware

Of course the fact that it is white makes it absolutely perfect.  BBDub is convinced that we would live in a completely white house if I had my way.  I can't help it.  White is so calm, clean, crisp and lovely I don't think an all white house would be that bad!!

I think I may be the only 30 something woman in Colorado who does not not own a pair of Uggs.  I just can't bring myself to spend $200 on a pair of boots.  It doesn't keep me from dreaming though!  When Birdie cheered at the rec league Super Bowl this fall I saw one of the football moms wearing these boots.  I almost tore them off of her feet right there, but she was a tiny little thing and I was positive she was wearing a child size, nothing my big old skis could fit in.   I did, however, find them and have had them in my save-for-later-cart at Amazon since.  I know Uggs never go on sale so I am waiting to win the lottery so I can buy them. These look so unique while keeping with the general Ugg style, I just adore them!

Since we are on the cusp of moving to San Antonio I have decided that in addition to some fabulous cowboy boots I need a blingtastic belt buckle.  My girlfriend, Martha, has several and I just adore them.  So the other day I perused the shops over at Etsy and found a treasure trove of blingtastic belt buckles.  How does a girl choose?  They are so beautiful and unique!  Here is my favorite, it is less in-your-face (although I have several of those saved as favorites as well) and incorporates my love of all things white and all pearls.  Take a few minutes and browse her shop.  Although she makes these in Massachusetts, they are perfect for Texas!  Just don't buy the one I want or I might have to hunt you down and take it. 

I have hopes to entertain again when we finally move.  I feel like I am always talking about this move and it is never going to happen.  Patience is a virtue, just not one of mine!! 
I love entertaining, having friends over for dinner and board games or just sitting around chatting is so much fun!  I have not done it as much as I would like but it is a New Years Resolution of mine and I intend to stick to it!!  Sandy at The Reluctant Entertainer has inspired me to entertain more.  She is right, entertaining friends brings joy and happiness into our homes.  Since I will be in the Texas wine country I plan on enjoying the fruits of the land!  These Scrabble Tile Wine Glass Charms are perfect!!  The artist also has a set of Disney Villains that I think would be so much fun too! Are wine glass charms no longer socially acceptable?  I am pretty out of it so please correct me if I am wrong.  Although I cant promise to listen!!

Off I run because I need to finish stripping that wallpaper.  Or I might hang out with the kids and watch Bugs Bunny.  Nothing like being lazy on a beautiful snowy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment