Friday, December 10, 2010

Finally Friday

The tree is done!  Don't talk about the wallpaper.
The tree looks beautiful and now that it is complete it is such an uplifting sight!  Our tree is not anything fancy, it is a hodgepodge of ornaments that we have collected and those passed down from parents and grandparents.  Almost every ornament has a story or a memory, heck some of them are older than I am.  I took some pictures of a few of my favorites. 

 A few years ago I came across this series of birds at Hallmark.  I really love them and purchase myself one every year.  Usually around Halloween to make sure I get one and fulfill my ornament obsession.
I think they are just lovely!




My secret santa at work gave this to me a few years ago.  At that time I had a problem with their pumpkin spice lattes.  The problem was that I was unable to make it through the day without one.  I have conquered that "problem" and now only require one a week.  And, no, I haven't replaced said problem with a new one.
So I lovingly place this on our tree every year, and ignore the snickers from my family.


When we were first married BBDub got this from Mimi.  All the guys did.  No one was quite sure what she was thinking, but I think it is a hoot and hang it every year.  That same year I gave my Sister-in-Law a rubber chicken ornament.  She was baffled and I guffawed for hours.  I should have bought one for myself.  The thought of a rubber chicken on the tree still makes me giggle.

Every year for 75 years Castle Rock has had an annual Star Lighting ceremony.  It is a community wide event the last Saturday before thanksgiving.  There is chili at the firehouse, carriage rides, hot chocolate and loads of holiday cheer.  At dark the countdown begins and the star on the rock is lit.  It remains lit every night through the holiday season.  I absolutely love the star lighting and tend to tear up every time we see the star.




Now tell me, who doesn't love a flying angel pig with a big green bow and starry red skives. I do!!!!


Our tree topper is an angel and she is beautiful.  I think an angel tree topper is lovely, and just as symbolic as a star.  I bought her when a couple of my dear friends from church and I went the The Broadmoor for lunch and girl time.  We had a delightful day and I found her in the gift shop on clearance.  Nothing beats a beautiful Christmas decoration on clearance!!

There are so many more but I am beginning to bore myself with nostalgia.  Over the next couple of weeks I will try to control my urges to bombard you with my love for all things gaudy around Christmas.  I say, if you are going to do it, do it BIG!!!

Oh, I am trying to control myself and not buy this beautiful nativity scene.  Hopefully they will go on sale and I can snag one before they are all gone.  Isn't it stunning?
You can find it here - http://store.dayspring.com/nahucahotr.html

No comments:

Post a Comment