Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday morning cookies

My tree is up, not decorated, but up.  I am all twitchy because there are decorations all over my front room, but can't muster the will to actually spend the time to put them on the tree.  I am having serious holiday blahs.
The kids have put up a couple ornaments but even they lost interest.

Then I looked at the powder room where I am halfway though stripping the wall paper.  I honestly believe that the previous owners used super glue to apply it.  The steamer worked OK, but the solution of 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water works much better.  Smelling like a pickle is just a fringe benefit.
I have the last bits to pick off of the big wall then the entire opposite wall to do. I may avoid it until I am forced to do it at gun point.
Instead of doing anything productive, I sat around reading blogs and eating Cream-of-Wheat.  I am beyond addicted to that stuff.  The fact that my kids think it is gross and won't steal from me may make it that much better.  Am I the only parent who rarely gets to eat my meal without a little person coming along and trying to steal it?  They can have the exact same thing on their plate, but mine is much more tempting.
I digress.
After I spent a couple hours forcing Dude to watch Pink Panther cartoons, I decided we would bake cookies!  Exactly what I needed to be doing at 10:30am.  I make very special oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  They are very difficult and very yummy!!
First I start with a bag of Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, then I follow the directions.
They always turn out scrumptious even after we have eaten a large part of the dough.
Maybe this afternoon I will find some motivation to get the tree decorated or the wall paper stripped.  Here is to hoping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment